Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Juice Juice

I am becoming less and less of a morning person every time my alarm goes off at 5:00am.  Luckily, I have a husband that makes "juice juice" every morning.  When I snooze it until 5:30 I wake up to the grinding sound of our juicer e v e r y morning.  My husband  always dreamed about having a juicer "the kind that you can just throw the fruit or vegetables into."  Luckily my mom gave us her Jack LaLane Power Juicer when we got married and husband has been juicing ever since.  If any of you have been itching to get a juicer I 100% support you.  Or, if your like my mom and have your juicer hidden in your cupboard, get it out of there and start experimenting!


We buy the ginormous bags of organic apples, spinach and carrots from COSTCO to use for the week.  We always use those three ingredients and then depending on what else we have we will throw that in there.  Cranberries, cucumbers, celery, cale, pomegranates are all delicious! I honestly have never made the juice, but here is my favorite juice recipe from husband:


-2 apples
-4 large carrots or a couple handfuls of baby carrots
-2 large handfuls of spinach
-1 handful of cranberries

Make sure all ingredients are washed and then throw them in the juicer one at a time. Cut the apples into fourths before placing them in the juicer, you don't need to remove seeds or anything!  Makes 2 big glasses.
I love having my juice first thing in the morning, the sugar gives my just the right amount of energy to teach my 6:00am group fitness session!

3 comments:

  1. i just did a 31 day juice fast and loved it.. have you ever added ginger to your juice? its THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just so pretty.. I have a big beast the champion.. and I need to get something easier.. My husband uses his vitamix every single day.. and he has for 7 years.. it is a good machine to but I like my juice w/o pulp... Like your blog..

    ReplyDelete