Sunday, February 26, 2012

Runner Girl

I realized this week how much I have missed running.  I finally went on a run all  by m y s e l f this week.  I love running with hubby, but I forgot how much I LOVE running alone.  Since we have been married we do our runs together, but I think I need one a week by myself :-)

Running to me is so much more than a form of exercise.  It is MY time for ME.  I love getting in the "zone," when I forget I am actually exercising and instead find myself thinking, dreaming, rocking out to MY music, problem solving, and relaxing.  Relaxing while running? Yes, I think it's possible.

One of my goals this year is to run a marathon, the good 26.2.  I have run several half marathon's and many shorter distance races, but I am ready to push myself.  I get so excited seeing how capable our bodies are at doing hard things.  I don't have a set marathon date yet, but stay tuned.

In the mean time, over the weekend Ty and I ran one of the funnest races I have ever done.

The Color Run.



Set a goal, run a race!
Visit www.active.com to find a race near you.


4 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! haha! It's like that Indian festival, Holi, where they throw the colored chalk at each other. I can't imagine running through it though. ;) Miss you B.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have seen these!!! I want to run a color race, they look so fun. Goof for you. Glad you pushed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this! Well, maybe not this race, but I set a goal to run my first 5k and I'm doing it next weekend! YEA!

    And the color race looks like sooo much fun! My friend and I are considering that one too!

    P.S....just found you via your sister. Now following. :)

    Have a great day!

    eachdayinthislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color race looks awesome! What city was it in?

    ReplyDelete